Who doesn’t like airy, fresh and homely feeling kitchens? Kitchens are the homeliest part of every house, and they need to give that vibe. A dull kitchen can affect your mood and your desire to want to cook. If entertaining guests is something you are interested in, then a remodeled kitchen should be a priority for you.
So, if you are bored with your kitchen and it doesn’t give you a fuzzy feeling, we have come up with different ideas to remodel your kitchen completely. From granite countertops to a pop of color or addition of some beautiful indoor plants, you can transform your kitchen into a lively, happy place for an affordable price.
- Granite Countertops: Granite countertops are all the rage in the interior design world these days. With more than twenty shades to choose from, granite allows you to give a beautiful look to your kitchen by adding this natural stone that is naturally colorful. If sealed properly, the wear and tear is minimal for many years, and granite is heat resistant, which makes it one of the most sought after countertop materials on the market.
- Add a Pop of Color: A splash of color added anywhere can drastically change the look and feel of your kitchen. You can paint the cabinets in some fresh, bright color or you can paint one of the walls in a bright color. Similarly, if you are leaning more towards black and white or neutrals, a little pop of color over the countertops with the help of colorful utensils in a display can change the look.
- Change The Flooring: A worn, dull floor can affect the overall vibe of your kitchen. If you want to remodel your kitchen, you should also think about changing the flooring to something exciting or adding a throw-rug somewhere.
- The Kitchen Island: Kitchen islands are not just useful for placing stuff on and storage, they also make an excellent centerpiece for your kitchen. So, if your kitchen does not have a kitchen island already, you can get one installed. If you have one, you can add some colorful utensils, an indoor plant, or any decorative items over it to give it a lovely outlook.
- Make it Airy and Wide: Congested, dark kitchens tone down the whole look of the place, no matter how good you try to decorate them. So, while remodeling your kitchen, you can add bigger windows to bring in more daylight and natural air. In smaller kitchens, you can also replace cabinets with open hanging shelves to make the kitchen look spacious and airy.
- Have a Good Sitting Area: To give your kitchen a homely feel, you can add a cozy corner by the window with some throw pillows and cushions for reading or enjoying a quiet cup of coffee. You can also make a little dining area in the kitchen to enjoy family time while cooking or eating.
There are many other remodeling ideas too to brighten up your kitchen like upgrading your appliances, installing a coffee machine, or chalkboards. However, if you follow the ideas mentioned above, you can completely change the look and feel of your kitchen for an affordable price.